Ok So i thought we could start off our new page here with some leveling questions. I know a few of us needed some opinions on what to take with our next level. So here’s where we can put those out there and get some feedback.
I’ll start, big surprise. Warlock invocations are really cool, but very rare. Hieronymus only has 7 available at this new level, so I have to be picky. I just got access to a whole new list of them and I’m stumped. Here’s an abbreviated list of what they all do.
- Eldritch Cone – turns eldritch blast into a 30’ long cone and damages anyone inside (reflex save vs half, which is why i’m not so excited about this one)
- Tenacious Plague – use insect plague as the spell, but the summoned locust swarms deals damage as a magical weapon
- Chilling Tentacles – Evard’s Black Tentacles as the spell, plus anyone caught in the area takes 2d6 cold damage in addition to the normal spell damage
- Wall of Perilous Flame – Create wall of fire as teh spell, but half thedamage is magical and no subject to fire resistance
- Warlock’s Call – Use sending as the spell but risk taking 1d10 damage from an unwilling recipient. (sounds useful and i could just sing Henry the 8th in the 25 words i get with it to annoy Adder)
- Devour magic – use greater dispel magic with a touch and gain temp. hit points based on spell levels dispelled
- Evervating Shadow – gain total concealment in dark areas (not in well-lit) and anyone adjacent to you must make a fortitude save or lose 4 strenght points for 5 rounds.
I’m leaning toward Eldritch Cone, but I’m also not crazy about the save vs half. If i use Eldritch chain i can hit 3 people wiht no save, but this can get a bigger group. Insect plague looks nice too, also chilling tentacles and Wall of perilous flame…UGH!!!